Call for Industry Track Contributions
The industry track seeks to present the state of adoption of semantic technologies in industrial applications. These technologies may be used in specific industries (e.g., media, financials, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, government, intelligence, etc.) or as a horizontal technology, and in different application areas (e.g., business intelligence, analytics, search, content management, knowledge management, recommendation systems, data integration, etc.).
We welcome contributions about success stories as well as experiences and discussions of obstacles that stand in the way of large scale adoption of certain technologies.
Particular emphasis should be put on the demonstration of business value created by using the semantic technologies.
Come and join us at the ISWC 2017 industry track to share your experience!
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applications of semantic technologies in specific industrial domains (automotive, financial, healthcare and life sciences, energy industry, etc.)
- Development and application of knowledge graphs for specific industries
- Successful application domains: Knowledge management, data integration, search, Business Intelligence, data analytics, etc.
- Industrial trends related to the usage of Linked Data, Open Data and Semantic Web technologies
- Financial and strategic investments in semantic technologies
Successful submissions to this track will emphasize:
- real-world deployment experiences and strategic decision-making related to semantic technologies
- success stories from the deployment of semantic technologies
- discussion of scalability of the presented technologies
- quantitative measurements of the business value created by using semantic technologies
- a clear description of the impact in the respective industry and motivation for the need of semantic web technologies
- concrete lessons learned from these experiences
- areas where further research (or research in novel directions) is required
We invite submissions in the form of 2 page (A4/Letter) abstracts in PDF or in HTML, formatted in the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). For details on the LNCS style, see Springer’s Author Instructions. For HTML submission guidance, please see the ISWC 2017 HTML submission guide.
Each abstract should describe the content of the proposed talk, which should be of a technical or strategic nature (purely marketing/promotional material will not be accepted). Particularly – fitting the above-mentioned topics – we encourage the following two categories of submissions:
- Success stories of business-relevant, industrial deployments of Semantic Web technologies
- Position statements that outline potential strategic applications and use cases of semantic technologies
Submissions should be made via EasyChair and will be reviewed by a committee of practitioners from industry and academia. Accepted submissions will be offered a presentation slot at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper is expected to attend the conference and present the material outlined in the abstract. Presentations are expected to last 20 minutes, including questions. Accepted papers will be distributed to conference attendees and published with CEUR-WS.org.
The submissions will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Quantitative and/or qualitative value proposition provided
- Date launched and number of users using the application
- Degree to which semantic technologies are central to the offering
The industry track at the conference will include
- a dedicated industry keynote
- a panel bringing together leading semantic technology providers and users
- success stories as full presentations
- flashlight presentations for position papers
- opportunities for networking
|Camera-ready versions:||August 31, 2017|
All deadlines are midnight Hawaii time.
- Peter Haase
- Achille Fokoue